Monday, April 9, 2007

Rules of Attraction

Really, there is only one rule. You must be emotionally unavailable. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Having a girlfriend (who is not me - I'm never anyone's girlfriend)
- Playing in a band (yes, I understand that being in a band is like being married to four or five other people, but really? Really?)
- Being from a foreign country (Does that actually excuse your strange, douchebag-like behaviour?)
- Being my T.A./ Supervisor / Anyone in a position of authority (well, are you sure we shouldn't go public with our love trysts?)
- That bartender guy (Yes, I absolutely believe that this is the first time you've ever tried to chat up a cute customer)

These are the stereotypes of emotional unavailability that I have encountered to date. This may be a work in progress.

No comments: